The Chesapeake Bay is a vital part of our States economy, our history, and our values. Through BayStat, we are tracking our progress to meet Marylands ambitious restoration goals that more than double our nitrogen reduction efforts to restore the Bay. From the State House to your house, every action counts: from recycling to carpooling, from properly disposing of pet waste to planting a tree, every Marylander can help improve water quality in Maryland's rivers, streams, and creeks, and the Chesapeake and Coastal Bays.
See how the Governor is progressing toward this goal
Bay News From...
Project successes - Before and After
We highlight innovative, bay-oriented local actions. If you have a project that you'd like to see highlighted, please contact Scott Hymes.
- Windy Hill on the Corsica River
- Forest Heights Green Roof Project and Zero Runoff Green Initiative
- Gunpowder Valley Conservancy Dulaney Branch Riparian Buffer Planting
- Baltimore City Watershed 263 BMP Theme Park
- The Anne Arundel County Watershed Stewards Academy: Training local leaders to guide community environmental action
Saving the Bay